Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Now when I look out through your eyes, I'm young again even though I'm very old."

I miss to wake up in the middle of the night to watch Barclays Premier League with him; messing up the kitchen at 2 o'clock in the morning just to find some breads or make cups of tea to accompany our watching.

I do, I do love you. Wish you could hear me well, I would happily say it all straight to you. I miss to hear your story about the war, to see you play the piano and let me sit next to you and ruin the songs you played. I wish I could hear you sing all those Ray Conniff's songs, which have been my lullaby, again.

I'm sorry for I often made you worry. I was 14 and stupid; coming home late without telling you first. I'm sorry if I look angry when I talk to you. I really am. I don't mean to yell at you, I just want you to hear me, to know that I miss you, that you're safe here with me, but you don't even know who I am.

Thank you for teaching me how to play piano, harmonica, and introducing me to those amazing songs. Thank you for all the stories you told, for a thousand books you gave, for every plate of mashed potato that we shared.

I took a Dutch class couple months ago. I know you could speak Dutch well, I just wish I took the class years ago..

You are my special angel, through eternity. I have my special angel here to watch over me.
Special Angel; lagu terakhir di side B kaset Ray Conniff and Friends punya Eyang yang cover-nya warna putih.

Oh, dan lirik yang ada di post title, judulnya I Write the Songs. Ada di kaset yang sama.