Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Why people, why every fucking person is so bad to each other so fucking often?"

The title was spoken by Christopher McCandless in Into the Wild.

After watching The Next Three Days, my friend and I watched 3 Idiots for the hundredth time. I skipped some parts of the movie and started to play it when the scene of praying Raju Rastogi appeared. My friend said that there was an Indian living in the boardinghouse next to ours--the boardinghouses are very close, we even have the same gates, just different buildings. "He prays the way Raju did, there are incenses everywhere," she said.

The next morning, another friend of mine said that the person I had been told about last night was asked by the boardinghouse owner to leave. The reason was because the owner didn't like the smell of the incenses he uses to pray.

I never want to talk about religions nor beliefs, I don't know much about them. And this writing is not about both of them either. It's about how pathetic people nowadays; how fake and disappointing they are. It's as if they were competing to construct buildings but they didn't mind to steal somebody's blocks or hurt anybody with their hoes, as long as they could win. As long as they could make their own fortresses behind where they could hide.

Maybe I'm building my own fortress unconsciously, or maybe I'm not. But I won't steal somebody's blocks.

Tuonane baadaye!

No comments:

Post a Comment