Saturday, July 14, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

It was around 6 pm. The sky was so bright that I got a bit curious then took a look outside. There was a rainbow upon the sky.

Here is the simplest way to know how much you love someone: you'll know you love them that much if you see something that makes you happy and they are the ones you want to share it with. That was what I did. When I saw the rainbow, I took him to the balcony. He had never seen the real rainbow before.

"Itu pelangi, Dek, kayak yang Adek suka liat di buku."
He was impressed. His big eyes grew even bigger. He was standing next to me while I was sitting near, staring at his innocent face on where the sunshine was reflected.
"Mangi," said he, tried to imitate 'pelangi' but failed.
"Iya, bagus nggak pelanginya?"
"Bagu.." still in a big amazement.
While he was mesmerized by the beauty of the nature, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for having him.

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do

They're really saying 'I love you'"

-What a Wonderful World


Jakarta, 31 Maret 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment